Sunday 21 November 2010

West Yorkshire Attempt Two - Huddersfield.

Having had to abandon our attempts of exploring the Penine roads due to bad visibility once, we chose to try again; this time we focused on visiting Huddersfield. I chose to do this as up to now, the areas that I have documented have been rather large and I wanted to look at a location that was smaller and see what the difference would be in terms of the visuals of the light pollution glow.


The image above shows how I had some difficulty in finding a suitable place of which to photograph the Huddersfield shot. After driving some distance, the only place of any use was this view. I feel that this shows why it is best to be at the highest point overlooking an area, as the hills in front of the camera restrict how much of the sky i could capture. We tried to travel up the roads on the right of this image, but they were lined with houses and therefore gave no real view across the town. if these hills were not resricting the view, I would be able to get much more of the sky into the frame, but unfortunatly i cannot move mountains.


The images above and below are the best examples that I could manage from this location without including much of the hills in the foreground. I was persistant with working with this location as I really like the area of blue glow that is present towards the right of the image. I have no idea what the origin of this light is within Huddersfield, but I feel that it again helps to create and image that will be different to those of the other locations. I feel that once cropped the image below would be more suitable for the final selection of images.

No comments:

Post a Comment