Saturday 4 December 2010

Exhibition Display Idea

Following on from my previous post about how I would display the work, I have considered the different options and I feel that it is not really possible to build my own lightboxes. Having taken this on board I then began weighing up the other options which would still allow me to illuminate my images.


The diagram above tries to illustrate how I feel that images would be best displayed. What I aim to do is to frame my images with mounting board and hang them from the ceiling using fishing wire or string. I will then have a light bulb stood on a stand behind the framed image, this will then hopefully illuminate the image. I may have to experiment with the use of some sort of light shade over the bulb if the light needs to be defused. Having thought of this idea, I feel that it could seem more suitable that that of using a lightbox. This is because a lightbox would contain all of the light, whereas by using this method, light would escape around the frame; creating a glow, exactly that that which I have aimed to document within the images.
Hopefully I feel that if the images are printed well, and I can successfully light them, the images once placed together would create an impressive display; one that would stand out from just standard prints on paper in a frame. This is something that I have tried to achieve throughout this project, and the course as a whole, generating original ideas and images, and where ever possible display them in an original way also.

No comments:

Post a Comment