Sunday 5 December 2010

Image Titles.

As each of my images is a document of a different city, I feel that I should title each individual image with the name of the location of which it shows i.e. Manchester, Preston etc. 
Originally I simply thought of Printing the name of the place on the mount or having it on the wall next to the image; however with me displaying the images in the way I am I think that there is a better way of doing it;

Seeing as the image will be back lit, I have thought of the idea of making stencils of each place name, and then with the use of a knife, cut the name out on the mount. By doing this, the light that will illuminate the photograph will shine through and illuminate the place name. I may place some white tissue paper behind the lettering, so to diffuse the light and make it even. 
I feel that a small detail such as this may of titling the images will add alot to the piece; hopefully the area will be in quite dim light so to allow my images to glow fully, and if so the place names will stand out well and be easily read by the viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment