Friday 15 October 2010

Location 11: The Continental Pub, Preston.

The Continental Public House is a great Location and has lots of potential for an exhibition as it is already used for both university students and other artists. I myself have already had some of my work exhibited at this venue whilst doing my fashion module last semester. Adam Murray arranged for us to have the back room for the Objet Trouve exhibition and it was a really nice room and could be decorated to your own taste. I feel a pub is the best type of venue as there is already a bar and food so this narrows down costs. The only negatives to this venue for me is the location and the venue itself. By this I mean the location of the pub is slightly out of the way, so would this compromise attendance? And the venue due to it is used by UCLAN already and I personally would like to find a new venue that hasn't been used before.

1 comment:

  1. this is an amazing location and has so much to offer. the fact that drinks and nibbles are sorted because its a pub, a beautiful beer garden for people to relax in and a large and generous exhibiting space tick all the boxes. but it is let down by a single thing... the fact that it is a good 10/15 minute walk from the town center. other wise we would of all agreed to having the exhibition here.

    ReplyDelete