Saturday 23 October 2010

Ori Gersht

This project by Ori Gersht, entitled "Rear Window; Vauxhall, London, 1997-99" is very interesting in my opinion. I feel that in some ways it is similar to my intended project as it focuses upon the sky. However, Gersht took all of his images from his window and therefore all images depict the same scene just with different sky conditions.






Much like how I would like to make my images, I like the simplicity of Gersht's images and their resemblance to abstract paintings with the colours being the most important aspect. Unlike these images however, I would not like to feature any of the buildings that are located in the area, and have it so the different patterns of light are the only hint as to the different cities shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment