Saturday 23 October 2010

Preston Images

Below are the most successful examples that I achieved during the shoot. The glow of the football ground is clearly visible, and I do feel that if it were not for this, the images would not be successful at all. Luckily the evening that I carried out this shoot was clear of cloud, as I feel that this makes the images that much better; hopefully the images I do of the other cities could also be done on a clear night like this one.


1. This first image is relatively successful,  the glow from both the football ground and the rest of the city centre can be seen. However due to the slightly long shutter speed needed to pick up this light, the stars are somewhat blurred with a small trail left behind them. I feel that this is not a huge problem as it could be changed, and other than this, I feel the image is successful.
2. This next image was shot using a shorter shutter speed. Because of this only the glow of the stadium  can truly be seen, I feel that the image could therefore be rather too dark.

3. I feel that this image has its Pro's and Con's; I feel that the colours are well represented, however there is a streak of light towards the top of the frame which was produced by a passing plane. I do not know whether it would be suitable of me to use this image because of the plane.

4. Much like the previous image, I like the light that has been captured within this image but there is the presence of another plane that has left a streak of light across the sky.
5. Much like the 2nd image, this image was taken using a faster shutter speed than the other images, however it was slightly longer than image 2, which has allowed more light to be collected. I do feel that this image is more successful that image 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment