Friday 15 October 2010

Location 3: The New Britannia, Heatley Street, Preston

This location was found by accident as whilst we were photographing location I bumped into a friend I haven't seen in years and he asked me what I was doing. From telling him about the client breif project he suggested the New Britannia Public House. I gave him my number to pass on to the owner. Later that day Dean the landlord phoned me and was really keen to help out and said for me to visit to have a look at the function room that he was decorating upstairs.
I confirmed with Dean that I would visit the following week to have a look. On the first visit i fell in love with the pubs nostaligic look downstairs and then when upstairs I loved the quirky living room look of the room. As Nathan and Lewis were looking for locations in Manchester the same day I arranged for a 2nd visit so that they could view the space. I have to admit that as i had fallen in love with the space I was hoping they would feel the same.
The images below are from the 2nd visit with Nathan, Lewis and I. They had the same feelings as me that the space was interesting and would work well with our work. Whilst we were there we worked out who would have certains areas within in the room. We also discussed with the owner with regards to hanging as it is an old building and some of the walls are fragile. Though as myself and Nathans ideas were free standing we assigned Lewis a the wall where he could hang his work. I really enjoyed finding a location that has strong possibilities and also working with a pub landlord who was very enthusiastic and supportive.





















1 comment:

  1. As of yet i havent been inside this venue, but upon first impressions i would say that this is a very suitable location, firstly because holding a show here would eliminate the problems of supplying drinks and nibbles and also the fact that the pub would have its usual locals all ready present on the night of the show, giving us extra people to view our work. i shall comment again once i have visited.

    ReplyDelete